Saturday 28 June 2014

Gay Nigerian in London Speaks on Extreme Deliverance to “Cure” Him

http://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-image-male-couple-holding-hands-closeup-two-males-image31510346
i-D Vice, one of London’s top fashion websites released an article asking “why is it so hard to be gay and black”.
They discussed about  American musician Frank Ocean and CNN journalist Don Lemon as well as a Nigerian.
A London based Nigerian journalist who used the pseudonym Adejola Funmi shared his experience coming out. Funmi was expelled from his Christian school for being homosexual, it was labelled not “Christ like”.
He was later sent to Nigeria, so they could “cast the gayness out”.
Adejola travelled from church to church for deliverance, “I slept in church for about three days, during that time prayer warriors came around me and were praying… they didn’t give me any food and they’d whip me with branches of palm trees. They were whipping me to cast the gayness out of me.” he shared.
To also “cure” his homosexuality and cast out demons, he was stripped naked and bathed in a river by the church, forced to drink snail water and lick grounded charcoal.

No comments:

Post a Comment