Wednesday 25 June 2014

“I will Design Not Just for Women of Colour” – Naomi Campbell on Designing 1st Fashion Line

Naomi Campbell Fashion Line - Bellanaija - June 2014001
We were wondering when this would happen!
Naomi Campbell who is the Executive Producer of hit modelling show “The Face” is thinking about designing a clothing line.
In an interview with Mail Online, the age-defying model said “I’ve been approached by a few brands to design a line for them, it’s something that interests me and I’m in negotiations.”
The 44 year old who is friends with a lot of designer names like Roberto CavalliDomenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana, has not unveiled if she will be high end or high street, but she did disclose that she had worries that her launching a clothing line would interfere with her relationship with most designers who she models for.
She went on to say “Now I’ve grown up a bit more… I will design not just for women of colour, but for all. I see there’s lots of things that are not there that I feel that I’d like to have, and so I’d like to share it with everybody.
Naomi isn’t just looking to launch womenswear, she is also looking into other lines such as lingerie, accessories and swimwear. She is also set to release 3 books next year – two image-based books with publisher Taschen and a collection of nudes captured by Paolo Roversi.

No comments:

Post a Comment