Friday 4 July 2014

Should Keshi still Coach the Super Eagles?

Stephen Keshi - July 2014 - BellaNaija.com
Today Friday 4th July 2014, Stephen Keshi, the head coach of Super Eaglesrevealed that he is ready to continue coaching the national football team if his contract with the Nigeria Football Federation is extended.
If you recall, after Nigeria lost to France at the 2014 FIFA World Cup, newswent viral that he resigned. But he later refuted the reports saying he only told the players that his contract had expired and he may not coach them anymore.
In Abuja, he told reporters that he would like to finish what he started if given the opportunity.
He said;
“Although, I have not spoken with the NFF yet, I am out of contract now and I need to move ahead. I have spent two and a half years in Nigeria and I love Nigeria; it is my country and the national team is in my blood.
If I meet with the NFF and we agree to the conditions in a new contract, there is no problem.
There are many countries like South Africa that are seeking my service, but I will give priority to Nigeria if we agree because I will love to finish what I started if everything goes on well.
But if not, I will like to move my train to somewhere else because it is always a good experience when you go out there and try something else.”
Keshi also said that in the next three to four years that the Super Eagles will be a force to reckon with. Do you want Keshi back? Let’s talk about it.
***
In other news, FIFA has ordered Nigeria to reinstate the executive committee of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) not later than Tuesday or face a ban.
A Nigerian court on Thursday sacked the NFF, and the government appointed a sole administrator for the country’s football

No comments:

Post a Comment