Wednesday 10 September 2014

Chanel Iman portrays Iconic Beauties for Violet Grey’s Beauty Editorial

Chanel Iman for Violet Grey Beauty Editorial - Bellanaija - September 2014001
She’s young, stunning and is channeling iconic beauties for Violet Grey
.
Chanel Iman is striking fierce poses for the beauty editorial, doing her best to remind us of classic beauties like Bianca JaggerJosephine Baker and Linda Evangelista in a character study of lost glamour.
That’s not all, she is also letting the mag into a her personal life – something we haven’t seen a lot of.
The 23-year-old tells the magazine about learning to say no when she first started modelling, how she’s an unapologetic flirt and her thoughts on her future.
On saying no
When I first started [modeling] I was very young. I was like this little doll that everyone just played with. So I could look really good or really horrible depending on who got their hands on me. But as you grow as a model, you figure out what works for you and you learn to say, ‘Ok, you can’t do this, you have to DO this.’ People can think you’re being a diva but you’re not. I used to go to bed crying because I knew I could look better than how they were making me look. So I had to learn how to stand up for myself in that way.
On being an unapologetic flirt
I flirt all the time without even realizing it. I have to watch myself. I’ll flirt at work. I’ll flirt on vacation, at a restaurant. It doesn’t matter. As long as I feel a connection with somebody, I’m down for a flirt. Of course, it’s all innocent and it doesn’t lead to anything. But what’s life without flirting?
Chanel Iman for Violet Grey Beauty Editorial - Bellanaija - September 2014004
The Scarlet Lip inspired by Bianca Jagger
On her modelling future
I’m 23 right now and I feel like I’m still trying to figure it out. Maybe in another two years I’ll have it all together. So maybe 25 is the age at which a woman feels her most beautiful just because she’s survived her teenage years and early twenties.
Chanel Iman for Violet Grey Beauty Editorial - Bellanaija - September 2014002
The Modern Winged Eye inspired by Linda Evangelista
Chanel Iman for Violet Grey Beauty Editorial - Bellanaija - September 2014005
The Powder Blue Eye inspired by Josephine Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment